The Western Australian Road Transport Association (WARTA) Freight Division negotiates and lobbies at all levels of Government and prepares input to positively influence legislation and regulations that may impact our industry and members.
Functions of the Freight Division
The Freight Division provides representation of our members and industry with State and Federal Government Ministers and their Departmental Heads, on a majority of matters and regularly meets to discuss specific issues. Such matters and topics are mentioned below.
- WA Road and Transport Legislation
- Compliance & Enforcement Laws inc. Chain of Responsibility (CoR)
- National Heavy Vehicle Regulations (NHVR)
- Workplace Health & Safety
- Workers Compensation
- Road Safety Regulations
- Dangerous Goods
- Industry Superannuation
- Local, Regional and Interstate Road Transport Regulations
- Industrial Relations/Employment Law
- Government Taxes & Charges
- Environmental Laws
- Industry de-regulation
- Industry Training
WARTA Freight Division regularly meets to discuss specific issues on topics such as:
- Mass limits
- Speed Limits
- Over-dimensional loads
- Roads Infrastructure issue with Government Utilities
- Main Roads WA – RAV Infrastructure and Heavy Vehicle Permits
- WALGA – Local Government Regulations
- Regional Truck Stops
- Trailer Marshalling areas
- Parking Restrictions
- Heavy Vehicle Technical Issues
- WA Heavy Vehicle Accreditation & Auditing
- Certified Work Agreement, AWAs, Unfair Dismissal
- Fatigue Management and Driving Hours
- Driver Training
2015/16 Executive Committee
||Kyle Sutherland – Cropline Haulage
|| Ray U’Chong – Jayde Transport
||Haydn Hampel, who operates from the WARTA Office in Carlisle.
Interested in joining the Freight Division?
Take a look at our membership page and complete our online membership enquiry form. Or contact our friendly team on (08) 9355 3022.